Spring Basketball 2022
Drive, dribble and dunk. Season starts soon.
Basketball drives teamwork, builds leadership skills and enhances confidence, and it's exciting for parents to watch! The YAP Spring Basketball program is designed for children to have fun while learning the fundamentals of basketball, in a safe and encouraging environment. It's not about winning or loosing, but about how you play the game.
The YAP Basketball program will begin with the first game scheduled for March 27, 2022.
We'll be breaking for Easter holidays–beginning April 15th and commencing again on April 24th.
- Fees: $95
Registration is open starting March 1, 2022, though Monday, March 23, 2022.
Coaches will hold a player draft on Thursday, March 24, 2022 to choose players and organize teams.
The draft determines how players are assigned to respective teams. Pre-existing teams will not be preserved. Coaches will then notify team members of upcoming practice schedules based on their availability.
Due to facility limitations we are unable to hold weekly practices.
Teams will be scheduled on Sundays, beginning April 3rd.
Games times will vary according to your child's age group and schedule, and will be 50 minutes in duration.
All games will be held at St. Lawrence Gym. Game Dates:
- 3/24 - PLAYER DRAFT
- 4/03 - Game 1
- 4/24 - Game 2
- 5/01 - Game 3
- 5/08 - Game 4
- 5/15 - Game 5
- 5/22 - Game 6
- Experience: Previous experience is not necessary. Practices will include basic skills, teamwork drills, and game strategy. Parents are encouraged to work with their children on dribbling, running and techniques learned at practice.
- Teams: Each team will have approximately 4 to 5 players.
- Coaching: We highly encourage all parents to volunteer to coach and/or assistant coach their child’s team. It is a great way to experience what YAP is about, and earn points along the way! No experience is required.
- Age Groups for this Sport:
- U8* (Grades 1st & 2nd): 4-5 players per team, half-court.
- U10* (Grades 3rd & 4th): 4-5 players per team, half-court.
- U12* (Grades 5th & 6th): 4-5 players per team, half-court.
- U14* (Grades 7th & 8th): 4-5 players per team, half-court.
- Uniforms and Equipment**:
- Jersey (provided by YAP)
- **Black Shorts (supplied by player)
- **Water bottle (supplied by player)
*PLEASE NOTE: Once registration is completed and closed for this sport a draft will be held. Only after the draft can YAP coaches and staff will inform parents of the practice day(s) for your child's team.